Bumper & Cladding Adhesion Primer
Urethane Supply Company's Bumper & Cladding Coat Adhesion Primer is an advanced solvent based coating system designed to help you automotive base-clear topcoat system stick to TPO plastic bumpers.
Bumper & Cladding Coat Adhesion Primer sticks to unsanded, unscuffed raw TPO plastic. Once the Adhesion Primer is dry, it can be topcoated without sanding or scuffing.
"I've been using it for two years now. It's a real time saver and I've never had a comeback."
Harold's Auto Center
East Aurora, NY
- Sticks to smooth or textured TPO plastics. Ideal for easy refinishing of new, unprimed OEM replacement bumpers from Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Subaru, and more.
- No sweat! Quit "sweating" your bumpers in the paint booth. No need to clean, sweat, re-clean, and so on.
- Sticks to TPO plastic without sanding or scuffing. Just clean the bumper with our 1000 Super Clean Plastic Cleaner and shoot the Bumper & Cladding Adhesion primer on!
- Simple, ready-to-use, 1K formulation means there is no waste. What you don't use, pour back into the can!
- Compatible with most urethane and polyester-based base-clear systems. (Click here to see incompatible topcoats) Bumper & Cladding Adhesion Primer does not need to be scuffed or sanded prior to topcoating, and it may be topcoated at any time after application.
"This is the best stuff I have ever used in my life! I have never had a bumper come back from using it."
NuLife Auto Repair
Easy-To-Follow Directions For Use...
|Step 1 - Clean Plastic with 1000 Super Clean Plastic Cleaner. Spray on a heavy, wet coat, wait a few seconds, then wipe in one direction with a clean cloth. On raw TPO plastic surfaces, no sanding or scuffing is required.
If part is used, or anytime ultimate adhesion is desired, wash first with 1020 Scuff Magic Prep Soap and water using a red or gray scuff pad. This will clean the surface and create fine sandscratches that will further improve coating adhesion. Rinse thouroughly with water and allow to dry completely. After this, clean with 1000 Super Clean as described above.
|Step 2 - Agitate Bumper and Cladding Coat Adhesion Primer and pour into paint gun. No reducer or activator required. Apply with 0.8-1.2mm basecoat gun for fine atomization. Both ambient and surface temperatures should be between 65°F (18°C) and 95°F (35°C). Apply one or two light to medium coats using 25-35 psi at the gun to achieve hide. Do not try to flow outBumper & Cladding coat. It will appear slightly rough. Allow five minutes of flash time between coats.|
|Step 3 - Allow Bumper & Cladding Coat Adhesion Primer to dry 60 minutes at 75°F (21°C) or 15 minutes at 130°F (54°C). No sanding or scuffing of primer is required. The primer can be topcoated at any time after it has dried. In other words, "the window does not close."
Apply basecoat directly over Bumper & Cladding Coat Adhesion Primer, then clear coat. Top coat only with approved base-clear paint systems. Do NOT topcoat with catalyzed basecoats, single-stage urethane paint, 2K primer surfacers, or 2K sealers.
|The paint film on the bumper can be crosshatched with a razor blade, tape tested, and pressure washed with no evidence of basecoat or primer peeling.|
|As you can see, the pressure washer will "drill" a hole before the paint peels. This photo shows the clear coat delaminating from the base coat, but neither the basecoat nor the primer is peeling.|
|Application viscosity (centipoise)||600 cps|
|Flash Point||> 40°F (4.4°C)|
|Film Build Per Coat||0.3 - 0.5 mils (8 - 12µ)|
|Density||7.3 lb/U.S. gal (875 g/L)|
See MSDS and product label for additional safety information.
VOCs (ready to spray) 6.3 lb/U.S. gal (755 g/L)
Bumper & Cladding Coat Adhesion Primer is classified as a specialty coating (elastomeric meterial) and is compliant under both EPA National VOC Emission Standards and California's SCAQMD Rule 1151.