Bumper Repair Training Boot Camp
Everyone in the plastic bumper recycling industry has a common interest. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned pro, you want to make more money doing plastic repairs.
Granted, there are a lot of frustrations and barriers to making more money in this industry, but it can be done. How? Perhaps you need a different perspective to see how to make it happen.
Let us show you a different perspective on your business! Join Leon Roberts at the Urethane Supply Company factory for an intensive two-day training seminar on the latest techniques in plastic bumper repair.
Urethane Supply Company, one of the foremost manufacturers of plastic repair products for the automotive collision repair industry, is proud to host a series of plastic repair training courses with a concentration on the special requirements of the bumper recycler.
The course is taught by Leon Roberts, a true industry veteran with years of experience running his own bumper recycling business and consulting to a number of bumper recyclers in the industry. Mr. Roberts has seen several recycling operations around the country up-close and personal, so let him share his wisdom with you to will help you see your business in a whole new light.
Get away from the daily pressures and distractions of your business for a couple of days to focus on ways to make better quality repairs, improve your productivity, and reduce your comeback rate. If you go back home with only ONE important tip and put it into practice, you’ll pay for your time, travel, and tuition many times over. Now is the time to take action to improve your business and your profitability. Sign up today for the next available course. Space is limited, so call us today!
Main Goal of Course:
To help you to solve your problems. Emphasis will be on technical aspects of repair to improve productivity and quality. Operating practices will also be discussed.
Topics to be Discussed:
- The proper way to prepare a bumper before starting the repair process.
- How to grade your bumpers so that you won’t waste time repairing junk bumpers.
- Use of tools for maximum quality and production. Some of the best tools you can make yourself.
- Why you need a sandblaster and the best ways to use it.
- An exclusive new welding process that is guaranteed to improve repair speed and quality.
- The difference in fillers and where to use the different types for best quality and productivity.
- Goal setting and visualization techniques for improving speed and quality of repairs.
- The best temperature to work dents out of the bumpers.
- How to cure the lifiting and hairy look on the first coat of primer on TPO bumpers.
- Design of efficient workstations that will keep your repairman from having to wrestle the bumper during the repair.
- Creating and instilling consistent, repeatable repair procedures.
- Repairing collapsible tabs and problem areas on certain bumper types (e.g. Nissan Altima, Expedition rears in the bottom corners).
- Repairing and refinishing textured bumpers.
- The correct way to use all of Urethane Supply’s products.
- Finally, any special problems you’d like to discuss.
What you’ll get out of the course:
- Notes and a workbook that document the topics discussed in the course. Participants in the course will receive free updates to the course materials for one year.
- Most importantly, you'll come away with at least one, but hopefully many ideas for how to improve your business.
Learn to make better quality repairs! Increase production! Reduce comebacks!
Who, What, When, Where, How Much?
- Who: You and industry expert Leon Roberts in a class limited to six students.
- When: Once per Quarter.
2013 Schedule March 7-8 June 13-14 September 12-13 December 12-13
- Where: Urethane Supply Company training center, Rainsville, Alabama
- How Much: $400 per person. $200 non-refundable deposit required.
Register Today! Space in each class is limited to six students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the closest airports?
A: Rainsville, AL is located in the middle of nowhere and will involve driving at least an hour and a half from an airport. The closest airport is in Chattanooga, but the flights to Chattanooga can get expensive. The following lists shows the closest airport and the driving time. If you are shopping for airline tickets, check the rates going to each of the airports and decide if it is worth your time to save the money. Travel arrangements are your responsibility. In order to start the class early on Thursday morning, all participants are required to arrive on Wednesday at the latest.
|Nashville, TN||174 miles||2 hours 44 minutes||Click here|
|Chattanooga, TN||76 miles||1 hour 21 minutes||Click here|
|Birmingham, AL||102 miles||1 hour 44 minutes||Click here|
|Atlanta, GA||144 miles||2 hours 50 minutes||Click here|
|Huntsville, AL||69 miles||1 hour 15 minutes||Click here|
Q: What are the closest hotels?
A: Rainsville, AL only has 1 hotel. By the way, Rainsville is "dry" (meaning no alcoholic beverages are sold). Scottsboro, AL and Fort Payne, AL are "wet" (meaning alcoholic beverages are sold). Keep that in mind if you want to knock back a few frosty, cold beverages after a day repairing bumpers. Hotel arrangements are your responsibility.
|Hotel and City||Hotel
|Super 8, Rainsville, AL||256-638-1640||5.2 miles||10 minutes||Click here|
|Hampton Inn, Fort Payne, AL||256-304-2600||11 miles||20 minutes||Click here|
|Holiday Inn Express, Fort Payne, AL
Use this link to reserve a room at our negotiated rate of $89.99/night
|256-997-1020||11 miles||19 minutes||Click here|
|Econo Lodge, Fort Payne, AL||256-845-4013||11 miles||20 minutes||Click here|
|Days Inn, Fort Payne, AL||256-845-2085||11 miles||20 minutes||Click here|
|Jameson Inn, Scottsboro, AL||256-574-6666||16 miles||23 minutes||Click here|
|Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, Scottsboro, AL||256-259-4300||16 miles||24 minutes||Click here|
|Hampton Inn, Scottsboro, AL||256-259-5200||16.6 miles||25 minutes||Click here|
Q: What about meals?
A: Urethane Supply Company will provide lunch to all participants on both Thursday and Friday at a local restaurant. Other meals are your responsibility.
Q: What about transportation to and from the airport?
A: Transportation to and from the airport is your responsibility. Rental cars are readily available at all area airports. Do NOT take a taxi! It will cost more than renting a car.
Q: What if I decide to cancel?
A: If you cancel two weeks prior to the class, 100% of your deposit will be refunded. If you cancel within two weeks of the class, you will get 50% of your deposit refunded. If you do not show up for your scheduled course, you will forfeit your deposit. Forfeited deposits will NOT be credited toward your open account with Urethane Supply Company, nor will it serve as credit toward future course registrations.